Re: [netcdfgroup] read performance slow compared to netCDF on other systems

  • To: Liam Forbes <loforbes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] read performance slow compared to netCDF on other systems
  • From: Gerry Creager - NOAA Affiliate <gerry.creager@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 12:30:32 +0000
Are you using the Cray-available NetCDF codes with modules or did you roll
your own? Open a ticket for software with Cray and get some help getting
the correct packages installed. My experience has been pretty good
performance on our system.

What Cray do you have?

gerry

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 9:58 PM, Liam Forbes <loforbes@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is this writing a netcdf-3 file or a netcdf-4 file?
>> =Dennis Heimbigner
>>  Unidata
>>

> Dennis,
>
> To the best of my knowledge, I'm both reading and writing netcdf-4.
>
> The test input file is netcdf-4 according to ncdump.
>

> --
> Regards,
> -liam
>
> -There are uncountably more irrational fears than rational ones. -P. Dolan
> Liam Forbes  loforbes@xxxxxxxxxx  ph: 907-450-8618 fax: 907-450-8601
> UAF Research Computing Systems Senior HPC Engineer  LPIC1, CISSP

Gerry Creager
NSSL/CIMMS
405.325.6371
“Big whorls have little whorls,