Re: [netcdfgroup] slow reads in 4.4.1.1 vs 4.1.3 for some files

I looked at the GDAL driver for netcdf. Adding
nc_set_chunk_cache(100000000, 10000, 0.75)
in GDALRegister_netCDF() helps, but I'm not sure whether it's a good
general solution.

The code on lines 482-500
<https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/trunk/gdal/frmts/netcdf/netcdfdataset.cpp#L482>
sets
some chunking-related properties if NETCDF_HAS_NC4 is defined. My problem
persists, though, whether or not this is defined (unless I add the caching
call). Note that later on line 511 nBlockSize is set to 1 regardless of the
define for bottom-up datasets (which mine is). However, for other datasets
that I have nBlockSize is also set to 1, and they are fast.

Does anything else in netcdfdataset.cpp ring any bells? I can bring this up
with gdal folks, but wanted to check here first for a possible
recommendation.