Re: [netcdfgroup] Edit netcdf file to change date in met_em file (WRF)

Hi Claudio,

I have never tried to use nco for this purpose and I don’t know if it is
possible.

There are multiple other options:

- using Python with PyNIO or netCDF4-python (my preferred solution)

- use C or Fortran and the appropriate netCDF API (bit of an overkill)

- (brute force and not really recommended):
        - ncdump met_em.d01.2016-05-11_06:00:00.nc <http://00.nc/> >
met_em.d01.2016-05-11_06:00:00. <http://00.nc/>txt
        - edit met_em.d01.2016-05-11_06:00:00. <http://00.nc/>txt in an ASCII
editor and change date, don’t change anything else
        - ncgen -o met_em.d01.2016-05-11_06:00:00.n <http://00.nc/>ew.nc
met_em.d01.2016-05-11_06:00:00. <http://00.nc/>txt

- check if CDO can do the job (in case NCO can’t)

- … possibly many more

Cheers

Dom