Re: [netcdfgroup] Using NetCDF with OPeNDAP on MacOS Sierra (homebrew- and netCDF-dependant software)

  • To: "dmh@xxxxxxxx" <dmh@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] Using NetCDF with OPeNDAP on MacOS Sierra (homebrew- and netCDF-dependant software)
  • From: Chris Barker <chris.barker@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2017 14:17:35 -0700
On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 2:04 PM, dmh@xxxxxxxx <dmh@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> To be pedantic, ncdump (via the netcdf-c library) uses libcurl.

that's not pedantic -- it's an important distiction, as the netcdf-c lib
coulod be linked against a different libcurl than command line curl.

try:

otool -L ncdump

if you think there is an issue with libcurl.

-CHB

> =Dennis Heimbigner
>  Unidata
>

> On 5/3/2017 2:31 PM, Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal wrote:
>
>> Hmm - I may be wrong but i thought the ncdump for a remote file just uses
>> curl to get  the .das and .dds and forms the .cdl response from those.
>> Have you tried a different server?
>>
>> Say,
>>
>> ncdump -h http://coastwatch.pfeg.noaa.gov/erddap/griddap/jplAquariusSS
>> SMonthlyV4
>>
>> -Roy
>>

>> On May 3, 2017, at 1:25 PM, Capehart, William J <
>>> William.Capehart@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Roy for the curl I get the followingf
>>>
>>> % curl -v http://test.opendap.org/opendap/data/nc/3fnoc.nc.das
>>> *   Trying 52.44.0.41...
>>> * TCP_NODELAY set
>>> * Connected to test.opendap.org (52.44.0.41) port 80 (#0)

>>> < Date: Wed, 03 May 2017 20:22:21 GMT
>>> < Last-Modified: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 18:32:26 GMT
>>> < Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=63E4296077ED5DBE9CFE2C49B169D4ED;
>>> Path=/opendap; HttpOnly
>>> < XDODS-Server: dods/3.2
>>> < XOPeNDAP-Server: bes/3.17.4, csv_handler/1.1.6,
>>> dap-server/ascii/4.1.5, dap-server/usage/4.2.6, dap-server/www/4.1.5,
>>> dapreader_module/0.0.1, fileout_gdal/0.10.1, fileout_json/1.0.6,
>>> fileout_netcdf/1.4.3, fits_handler/1.0.18, freeform_handler/3.9.6,
>>> functions/1.1.0, gateway_module/1.1.9, gdal_handler/1.0.7,
>>> hdf4_handler/3.12.3, hdf5_handler/2.3.5, libdap/3.18.3, ncml_moddule/1.4.4,