[netcdfgroup] NetCDF vs. HDF5

Dear Sir/Madam;
I have some netcdf (.nc) data and I am trying to convert them into the .h5
format. Would you please let me
know if I can go through this conversion or not?
Someone told me that the netcdf-4 is exactly the same as .hdf5.

However, I have a code in IDL programming language. This code was prepared for
some HDF data few years ago. I want to still run the same code for my new data.
However, my code doesn't work with this new data.
I wish to check if I can convert my netcdf data to hdf? Is there any software,
etc. to do the conversion?

I would appreciate any help that you can provide.
All the best;
Sahar