Re: [netcdfgroup] netcdfgroup Digest, Vol 1267, Issue 2

Hi Willi,

> I've tried and collected all attempts made at verification of netCDF
> files in: https://github.com/willirath/netcdf-hash (The most successful
> of which circled around the possibility of including the functionality
> in `ncks` and lead to a pair of tools for calculation and verification
> of MD5 checksums of netCDF files that are stored within the files.)

I see you've concluded the ncks md5 hash feature solves your problem.

I couldn't help noticing you'd found the script I wrote

https://github.com/aidanheerdegen/nchash

This is an attempt to perform an initial sanity check on multigigabyte
netCDF files with runtime independent of size.

I can't blame anyone for not understanding it's purpose, as there was no
documentation at all. I have now added a README.

Cheers

Aidan

--
Dr Aidan Heerdegen