Re: [netcdfgroup] Segmentation fault using netCDF binaries

Dear Luis,

the directory of your ncgen (/sw/netcdf/4.4.1/bin/ncgen) indicates that the binary is the same independent of the loaded compiler module.

netCDF uses external libraries such as HDF5, zlib and szip. Depending on the loaded compiler module, different HDF5, zlib and szip library pathes (e.g. one per compiler module) might be in your systems library path. Thus, depending on the loaded compiler module, netCDF might use different versions of these libraries. However, it depends on how the libraries were linked at compile time.

Do you know how these libraries were linked to your netCDF during the compilation? Do you know with which compiler your netCDF library and binaries were compiled? Did you compile netCDF on your own? And, if yes, can you provide us the 'configure'-call you used (the arguments you used).

Cheers,
Daniel