[python-users] Python @ Unidata: April

Hi,

A lighter list of things since not a lot of things have landed lately:

Siphon and MetPy
- Documentation clean-up and tweaking
- Both gained links to "PRs Welcome" and videos to show how to make a Pull
Request
- Conda packages on conda-forge, the new community one-stop shop for conda
packages

    conda install -c conda-forge metpy siphon

- Siphon 0.4 released! Smaller release, but more info here:
https://github.com/Unidata/siphon/releases/tag/v0.4.0
- MetPy gained support for polar stereographic GINI files (thanks
@jjhelmus!)

Sean Arms and myself presented some tutorials using MetPy and Siphon at
UCAR's SEA conference on 8 April to a pretty full room:
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/news/entry/unidata-and-python-at-the

April really got away from me; May should finally see the blog post series
on Matplotlib.

As always, we welcome your questions and feedback.

Until next time...
Ryan

--
Ryan May, Ph.D.