Re: [python-users] Python import error - undefined reference __intel_sse2_strcht

  • To: ashwinD12 <winash12@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [python-users] Python import error - undefined reference __intel_sse2_strcht
  • From: Benjamin Root <ben.v.root@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 10:30:08 -0400
The full anaconda download is very large, but you get just about every
scipy-related package with it. You can also go with "miniconda" which is
the minimal install and then you can pick and choose what to install from
there.

As for having an existing install of those libraries, one of the genius
ideas of conda is that most of the dynamic linkages are done up in the
user-space level, and furthermore, it is all self-contained. Installing
libnetcdf via conda will not interfere with anything outside of conda, and
things outside conda are very unlikely to interfere with the packages
managed via conda.

By the way, you will likely want to utilize the "conda-forge" channel for
those hard-to-install packages, but you should be fine for the most part
with just the default channel.

Cheers!
Ben Root