[python-users] Python @ Unidata: May

Hi,

A bit late since I've been out. The biggest development is that our
interns, Alex and Kristen, have arrived for the summer and are working on
MetPy (among other Python-y things). For more information, you can see the
blog posts introducing them:

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/news/entry/welcome-summer-intern-alex-haberile
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/news/entry/welcome-summer-intern-kristen-pozsonyi

Another big development for Python at Unidata is that my time is now
focused exclusively on Python (and closely related) development. Watch this
space for further announcements about Unidata's increasing focus on Python!

June should see a lot more to write about here, including the workshop we
are giving in Madison, WI (20 - 24 June, see
https://unidata.github.io/unidata-python-workshop/events/madison2016.html
for more info).

This also seems like a good time to remind everyone that our annual
training workshop for Python will be 17-19 October 2016 here in Boulder,
CO. For more information and for registration, see:

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/events/2016TrainingWorkshop/
https://unidata.github.io/unidata-python-workshop/events/fall2016.html

We want as many attendees as we can handle, so please share with anyone you
think may be interested!

As always, comments and questions welcome.

Ryan

--
Ryan May, Ph.D.
Software Engineer