Re: [python-users] Python import error - undefined reference __intel_sse2_strcht

  • To: Ryan May <rmay@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [python-users] Python import error - undefined reference __intel_sse2_strcht
  • From: Davide Del Vento <ddvento@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 17:26:04 +0200
My suggestion is to pick one way and do everything that way. Either of
these will work, but "mix and match" often causes troubles albeit is not
totally impossible. I've tried all and each has its own advantages and
disadvantages, which I will not summarize here:

a) compile from source
b) install binaries from apt-get
c) install from source via pip
d) use conda

I think you encountered one of the gazillion of the possible "mix and
match" errors. Since you seem to prefer a), I suggest you compile
netcdf4pythong with a) instead of c) -- but as others have suggested, there
are the other options too, and d) seems to be the most popular these days...

Cheers,
Davide

Regards,
Davide Del Vento,
NCAR Computational & Information Services Laboratory
Consulting Services Software Engineer
http://www2.cisl.ucar.edu/uss/csg/
SEA Chair http://sea.ucar.edu/
office: Mesa Lab, Room 55G