Re: [python-users] OPENDAP/Siphon approach to access GFS .25 degree data?

  • To: Andrew Joros <andrew.joros@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [python-users] OPENDAP/Siphon approach to access GFS .25 degree data?
  • From: Ryan May <rmay@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 14:31:12 -0600
Andrew,

You can access our (Unidata's) collection of 0.25 GFS on THREDDS using
Siphon here:
http://thredds.ucar.edu/thredds/catalog/grib/NCEP/GFS/Global_0p25deg/catalog.html

This should be accessible using both OPeNDAP and NCSS. You can also hit
NCEP's NOMADS system using OPeNDAP:

http://nomads.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods/gfs_0p25

Ryan