Re: [python-users] Python @ Unidata: September

  • To: Ryan May <rmay@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [python-users] Python @ Unidata: September
  • From: "ashwinD12 ." <winash12@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2016 09:59:30 +0530
Ryan,
           These Python cookbooks are great. I learned a lot from them and
incorporating them in my applications. Few question for you

1) How do you go about handling polling with OPeNDAP and Python ?
2) What I usually do is open a urllib2 connection and sleep on a thread
till a GFS GRIB file is available and then grab it when it does become
available
3) I presume one can do a metadata OPeNDAP call and obtain the last value
of the "time" variable and wait till it is lesser than the current time ?

Comments appreciated,
Ashwin.