Re: [python-users] error importing netCDF into anaconda

  • To: "Chasteen, Manda B." <manda.chasteen@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [python-users] error importing netCDF into anaconda
  • From: Sean Arms <sarms@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 07:38:42 -0700
Hi Manda,

It looks like this is a known issue:

https://github.com/ContinuumIO/anaconda-issues/issues/1360

It appears you might be able to do one of two things to get it working:

1) Force a specific version of hdf4 to be installed (from the github issue):

conda install hdf4=4.2.12

2) According to
https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/forum/#!topic/anaconda/39XFO8Hf4lM,
remove conda's netCDF4 and install it using pip:

conda uninstall netCDF4

followed by

pip install netCDF4

Personally, I'd try 1) first.