[python-users] MetPy NEXRAD Level 2 - Can get lat, lon out to use for plotting map?

Hi,

Using this code:
https://unidata.github.io/MetPy/examples/formats/NEXRAD_Level_2_File.html#sphx-glr-examples-formats-nexrad-level-2-file-py

Ideally, I should be able to just extract a lat and a lon variable from the
file, except that I don't know if they exist, and if they do, what their
names are.

>From there, I'd like to plot the georeferenced data over a base map using
CartoPy.  Is this possible?  (I just happen to already have some shapefiles
on hand that I want to use that I know CartoPy can read in.)

Thanks,
Ryan

--
Ryan Connelly
M.S. Student in Atmospheric Sciences, Stony Brook University