Re: metadata tags

Benno,
Just an fyi...To get the DIF, you just need to use this url:
http://gcmd.nasa.gov/getdif.htm?entry_id
where entry_id is the GCMD entry_id. In the case of HELLERMAN, it would
be:
http://gcmd.nasa.gov/getdif.htm?HELLERMAN
This returns the html version of the DIF.
You could also use the http api and construct a complete query in the url:

http://gcmd.nasa.gov/servlets/md/get_entry_ids.py?query=[Project:Short_Name='DODS']+AND+[Source_Name:Short_Name='NOAA*']

you can also retrive the "raw' DIF that can be edited or even an XML DIF
by specifying the format in the URL.
Gene

     /\               Gene R. Major
    /  \       Global Change Master Directory
   /    \    Science Systems and Applications, Inc.
  / GCMD \       major@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 /        \         (301) 867-2088
/__________\        (301) 867-2149
                  http://gcmd.nasa.gov