status update

Hi,

I sent out the email below to a galeon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx mailing list which we've set up for discussing an OGC Interoperability Experiment we're calling GALEON (Gateway or Geo-interface for Air Land Earth Ocean NetCDF). The project will be both a formal OGC IE related to the Web Coverage Service (WCS)interface specifications and a set of software implementation experiments which hopefully will go beyond the OGC membership into the world of OPeNDAP, LAS, THREDDS, NetCDF, etc.

Hence I'm sending this message to the THREDDS email list to see if others in that community are interested in the practical implementation side of the experiment. As noted below the draft GALEON activity plan is available at:

<http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/projects/THREDDS/GALEON/GALEON-Activity-Plan.htm>

and I put together an HTML description of the OPeNDAP/NetCDF/THREDDS gateway implementation:

<http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/projects/THREDDS/OGC/WCS-THREDDS%20Gateway.htm>

If you are interested, let me know and I'll include you in the galeon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx email list.

-- Ben