Re: 20050927: Some general question about thredds/opendap

John,

Thank you for this! It is my understanding that ADDE/OpenADDE may indeed get a Java implementation in the future.

My hope is that someday to have the Antarctic data holdings that we have be available via THREDDS, and via ADDE might be the best way. (We already offer real-time data via ADDE, and have started an "Antarctic-IDD" - there will be paper on this at AMS/IIPS this year)

At this time I'm moderately THREDDS illiterate (with regards to implementation, exact capability, etc.), but have been following UPC development efforts for sometime and appreciate the power of what is possible. Our group, depending on future funding, hopes to participate in THREDDS - at least in offering our Antarctic meteorological data holdings to the community.

Thanks again,

Matthew