Re: THREDDS and OPeNDAP

Hi Pauline,

Did the cache permissions solve the problem you were having with scanning directories that contain large numbers of files? Was the scanning to generate a catalog or was it an aggregation?

Ethan

Pauline Mak wrote:
HI Ethan,

Yes, I've noticed that occasionally it will show an OurOfMemory error. I'm currently running is
THREDDS Data Server Version 3.14.02 Build Date = 2007-03-19 23:50:44
JVM is java version "1.5.0_09"
Tomcat is: 5.5

Wow, the oddest thing just happened.  I noticed that catalina.out were
printing out messages saying that tomcat had problems trying to access
cache.log.  So I went in and change the ownership of all cache* and then
THREDDS was able to load those big datasets without problems.  Oops,
sorry!  I should read the log more carefully!

Thanks,

-Pauline.

--
Ethan R. Davis                                Telephone: (303) 497-8155
Software Engineer                             Fax:       (303) 497-8690