Re: [thredds] CDM checker crashing on test file

Folks,

I found the problem.    The file in question

http://stellwagen.er.usgs.gov/rps/share/test.nc

 had short variables, but the "missing_value" attributes were floats.
 It also specified the wrong variable in the formula_terms and had bad
date units.   So one of these was causing the CDM validator to blow
up.

Luckily, the BADC CF checker was very helpful in diagnosing the
several problems with the file.

After fixing all the errors I now have a version

http://stellwagen.er.usgs.gov/rps/share/test2.nc

that works fine with the CDM validator.

It still would have been nice of course, if the CDM hadn't of blown
up, but it's useful to remember that the CF checker is still useful
too!

-Rich