From: John Caron [mailto:caron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, 9 October 2007 9:48 AM
To: O'Hagan, Rochelle (CLW, Black Mountain)
Cc: thredds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [thredds] THREDDS & WCS

My apologies, this was poorly documented.

WCS is turned off by default for security reasons, and must be turned on
in the threddsConfig.xml file:

 <WCS>
    <allow>true</allow>
    <dir>/temp/ncache/</dir>
    <scour>15 min</scour>
    <maxAge>30 min</maxAge>
  </WCS>

This page has been updated now:

 http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/reference/WCS.html

which references:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/reference/ThreddsConfi
gXMLFile.html#WCS

John

Rochelle.O'Hagan@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> I had set up the catalog differently. I have now changed it to what
you
> advised, but still get the "The requested resource () is not
available."
> response.
>
> I can get coverages back from motherlode.ucar.edu, but not from the
> server I set up for testing. Is this likely to be something wrong with
> my setup of the server? Does the WCS part of the THREDDS server
require
> the netCDF subset service, OpenDAP server or nj22? I notice that the
> <nj22Config> element is commented out in the threddsConfig.xml file.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Rochelle O'Hagan

http://localhost:8080/thredds/wcs/galeon/ocean.nc?request=GetCoverage&ve

rsion=1.0.0&service=WCS&coverage=u_sfc&format=GeoTIFF&time=2005-03-17T00