From: thredds-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:thredds-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Roy Mendelssohn
Sent: Friday, 19 October 2007 2:46 AM
To: John Caron
Cc: thredds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [thredds] THREDDS & WCS

Hi John:

I am having problems with WCS as we are testing 3.16.19.  We made the
changes in the thredds config file, so the service is running, and I
get a return on the getcapabilities request, but it doesn't contain
the coverage itself and therefore all other requests break down.  Has
the info that needs to be in the catalog.xml changed.  It would seem
so if I compare:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/tutorial/
ConfigCatalogs.html

with

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/reference/WCS.html

It is unclear on the last page which that info is required.

Thanks,

-Roy

On Oct 8, 2007, at 4:48 PM, John Caron wrote:

> My apologies, this was poorly documented.
>
> WCS is turned off by default for security reasons, and must be
> turned on in the threddsConfig.xml file:
>
>  <WCS>
>     <allow>true</allow>
>     <dir>/temp/ncache/</dir>
>     <scour>15 min</scour>
>     <maxAge>30 min</maxAge>
>   </WCS>
>

> This page has been updated now:
>
>  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/reference/WCS.html
>
> which references:
>
>  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/reference/
> ThreddsConfigXMLFile.html#WCS
>
> John
>

> Rochelle.O'Hagan@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Hi John,
>>
>> I had set up the catalog differently. I have now changed it to
>> what you
>> advised, but still get the "The requested resource () is not
>> available."
>> response.
>>
>> I can get coverages back from motherlode.ucar.edu, but not from the
>> server I set up for testing. Is this likely to be something wrong
>> with
>> my setup of the server? Does the WCS part of the THREDDS server
>> require
>> the netCDF subset service, OpenDAP server or nj22? I notice that the
>> <nj22Config> element is commented out in the threddsConfig.xml file.
>>
>> Thanks for your help,
>>
>> Rochelle O'Hagan

**********************
"The contents of this message do not reflect any position of the U.S.
Government or NOAA."
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst