[thredds] Change charset of catalog.html to UTF-8?

Right now, the charset of catalog.html is iso-8859-1.

However, I have been trying to embed Unicode characters into dataset names such
that they display correctly in the catalog.html output.  For example, if I
encode the ntilde character as ñ (ampersand-numberSign-241-semiColon) it
is delivered from THREDDS to the browser in UTF-8 as two characters (0xC3 and
0xB1) and is subsequently rendered as the two iso-8859-1 characters Atilde and
plus-minus.

However, if I download and edit the page to contain the header tag: <meta
http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"/> the nitlde is
displayed correctly.

Also, I notice that catalog.html?dataset=anocinco displays correctly.  It's
header contains:

while the header of the plain catalog.html contains:

Is there any way to have the catalog.html output also use the UTF-8 charset?
Would that require a new build of THREDDS -- or is there a property I can set?

Thanks, Mike

Michael A. Godin
Software Engineer
Phone: 831-775-2063  http://www.mbari.org