Re: [thredds] urls generated in catalog

Thanks for your prompt reply John. Yes, this is an automatic catalog from a datasetScan. There is a proxy server (addressed as www.ngdc.noaa.gov), that passes the urls w/ the pattern "/thredds/" to the host machine.

I'm mostly surprised by the inconsistency - catalog page addressed at www.ngdc.noaa.gov has a title on that page of map3.ngdc.noaa.gov but some links on that same page use www.ngdc.noaa.gov and some use map3.ngdc.noaa.gov.

--john

John Caron wrote:
i assume this is an automatic catalog from a datasetScan?

we use HttpServletRequest.getRequestURL() to generate the URL.

Im not sure how Tomcat gets the host name. Do you have any funny proxy
server or anything special going on?

John Cartwright wrote:
Hello All,

I'm trying to resolve a problem where the URLs found in a catalog don't reflect the address by which the catalog was reached. For example, the catalog found at
http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/thredds/catalog/ged/catalog.html

contains a link to

http://map3.ngdc.noaa.gov/thredds/catalog/ged/catalog.html?dataset=ged/lc.nc

Is there a way that I can re-generate the catalog or correct this so that the "internal" links are consistent w/ the top-level page address?

Thanks!

-- john