Re: [thredds] IOServiceProvider

Hi Shiela:

Its a little tricky debugging in the tomcat environment. are you looking in
tomcat/logs/catalina.out?

The DODS server wont yet handle every construct in the CDM, eg I think DAP 2.0 doesnt support longs. If your IOSP works on the client, send me the output from NetcdfFile.toString(). We are working on this for the TDS 4.0 release.

Needham, Sheila wrote:
Hi,

I have written an IOServiceProvider for a local data format which I've tested from a standalone Java aplication. I've plugged it into a TDS running on my PC and I'm trying to look at a file via the OPeNDAP Data Access Form. This is the error I'm getting:

Error { code = -1; message = "Server Error on dataset main/test.data"; };
The Tomcat\logs\stdout confirms that my IOSP is being used and it reaches the end of the open method before displaying the error. There's nothing in logs\stderr.

Any ideas where it could be going wrong?
[I'm running Tomcat 5.5, TDS 3.16 and using IE 6 to navigate the THREDDS catalog]
Thanks,
Sheila

Sheila Needham  Senior Software Developer
*Met Office*  Fitzroy Road Exeter EX1 3PB United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)1626 363489 E-mail: sheila.needham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
_http://www.metoffice.gov.uk_