[thredds] CONUS 12KM data question

Hi,

I have been querying wind data from your site at
http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/catalog.html in order to model tephra
and ashfall deposits which would accumulate in the event of a volcanic eruption
at Mount St. Helens. Over the past few weeks I've had trouble accessing data
for the NCEP-NAM-CONUS_12km Forecast Model Runs, and have been receiving errors
in the browser window.

For example, I am trying make the following request today.
http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/ncss/grid/fmrc/NCEP/NAM/CONUS_12km/runs/NCEP-NAM-CONUS_12km_best.ncd?var=Geopotential_height&var=U-component_of_wind&var=V-component_of_wind&latitude=46.2&longitude=-122.18&time=2008-02-27T12:00:00&accept=csv&point=true

I generally make this request at 3pm PST using an automated Python script, and
it works great. The last few weeks, however, I have only been able to acess the
data sporadically. Some days it works and some days I receive the error
messages. I also noticed that the problem seems limited to the CONUS_12KM
model. All of the other models I've tried seem to work fine.

I am not sure if there is a problem with my request or a problem with data
availability. Any thoughts you have on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Rob Wardwell
USGS - Cascades Volcano Observatory
1300 Se Cardinal Ct. Bldg. 10, Suite 100
Vancouver, WA 98683
360-993-8908