[thredds] SRTM30+ Version 3.0 on THREDDS

THREDDS folk,

I've put the SRTM30+ V3.0 dataset on our THREDDS server at:

http://coast-enviro.er.usgs.gov/thredds/bathy_catalog.html

I documented the conversion process at:

http://tinyurl.com/4j85cw

in case anyone else wants to do this in the future, or offer
suggestions for how we could have done it better.

The SRTM30+ is a global 30 arc sec topography and bathymetry that
combines the SRTM30 elevations on land with Smith & Sandwell 2 min
bathy and various higher resolution bathymetry data, including the
NOAA coastal relief model for US waters.   The UCSD folks who are
releasing this accept contributions of bathmetry data and are
regularly releasing new versions.  See:

http://topex.ucsd.edu/WWW_html/srtm30_plus.html

For details.

--