Re: [thredds] Any way to change a NetCDF variable name using NcML?

rename rh to ReletiveHumidity:

 <variable name="ReletiveHumidity" orgName="rh" />

see example 3 of

 http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/ncml/v2.2/Tutorial.html

However, aggregation in 2.2 has trouble when the variable is renamed. As you may have guessed, 4.0 will fix that.

Rich Signell wrote:
THREDDS folk,

There is no way to change a NetCDF variable name using NcML, right?

We have a bunch of NetCDF files with temperature data collected over a
period of years at the same location, but sometimes the temperature
variable is called "T_20" and sometimes it's called "T_28".

The only way I can think of to aggregate them would be to use
"ncrename" to reprocess some of the netcdf files so that they all have
the same name.

If there is another way, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks,
Rich