[thredds] NetCDF Subset Service - allow only 'as point dataset'

Hello,

Is there a way to limit the NetCDF Subset Service to only provide the
'As Point Dataset' view?  Or.... is there a way to restrict the size
(filesize or time/level span) in the gridded subset view?  We have very
large files that are causing performance / memory problems when large
gridded subsets are created.  However, we want to keep the files intact
to maintain the excellent performance of the 'As Point Dataset'
time-series response.

Thanks,
Steve