[thredds] THREDDS Data Server version 4.0 alpha release

The THREDDS Data Server version 4.0.06 is now released for testing. We expect
to rapidly promote it
to be our stable release, but for now, do not replace your mission-critical
servers.  It has many
bug fixes and improvements "under the covers" that are not in the 3.17 stable
release.

Besides using the netcdf-java 4.0 library, the main new feature is the addition
of an OGC WMS
service, thanks to our collaborators Jon Blower (Univ. Reading UK) and Pauline
Mak (Australian
Research Collaboration Service) who did the hard work.

Get the new war file at:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/TDS.html

There's a bit of learning to upgrade your configuration. Please see

 http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/tds4.0/UpgradingTo4.0.html

for more info.

We also have a 4.0 test server running on motherlode, which serves the NCEP
model data through WMS, at:

  http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8081/thredds/

this is (almost) a duplicate of our 3.17 production server at

  http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/

We would appreciate you trying this new version out and giving us feedback.

Thanks!