From: Pauline Mak [Pauline.Mak@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, 14 April 2009 8:47 AM
To: Ted Habermann
Cc: Pigot, Simon (CMAR, Hobart); rsignell@xxxxxxxxx; thredds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
Peter.Blain@xxxxxxxxxxx; NGDC Geospatial; Erin Robinson
Subject: Re: What would the ISO metadata look like?

Hi Ted,

I think what Simon is referring to is the THREDDS DLWriter (see
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/reference/DigitalLibraries.html).
  This assumes that you will have well configured metadata for the
datasets as defined here:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/catalog/DL.html.

One of the output of the DLWriter is DIF, and some work has been done on
converting DIF to ISO19115 (Marine Profile) and ANZLIC documents.  I was
forwarded an email from Dave Connell and have attached it to this
message.  As for what the ISO document will look like, you'll have to
refer to the spec (hours of fun!)  You can also have a look at the
Bluenet MEST
(http://bluenet.its.utas.edu.au/geonetwork/srv/en/main.home) - I think
this is an older version (right Simon?).  Anyhow, all the records in
there are in ISO19115, so it might give you an idea on what your dataset
should look like.

I think the big question is, how do we configure the metadata in the
first place.

Cheers,

-Pauline.

Pauline Mak