Re: [thredds] Collection Metadata from Granules

Hi John,

Thanks, I'll take a look at those options.

Cheers,

-Pauline.

John Caron wrote:
Pauline Mak wrote:

I'm looking at slide 6 at the moment and have a question... How does it deal with datasets that are continuely updated? For example, we updated the Argo dataset on a weekly basis through rsync. The ncML files will need to be updated. Furthermore, this will introduce a lag between the content of the file and the ncML file. I'm more in favour of generating the data dependent figures from the file itself... (bad for performance, but at least the metadata will always be relevant.)

The approach we take on our server has two parts:

1) in the NcML aggregation you can set recheckEvery attribute (if you are using scan) which will automatically check for new files being added.

2) in the THREDDS timeCoverage metadata element, one can use relative time such as:

<timeCoverage>
  <start>1999-11-16T12:00:00</start>
  <end>present</end>
</timeCoverage>

im not sure if this works with your use of generated NcML.

Pauline Mak

ARCS Data Services
Ph: (03) 6226 7518
Email: pauline.mak@xxxxxxxxxxx