Re: [thredds] TDS 4.0 beta 1 release (4.0.12)

Rob Cermak wrote:
Ethan,

May we request one more feature to sqeak in?

The DDX response from TDS is a bit sparse compared to the Hyrax DDX
response.  IE: metadata info in the TDS (global and variable attributes
are not shown) as they are for Hyrax.

Example:

TDS:

http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/dodsC/fmrc/NCEP/GFS/Alaska_191km/runs/NCEP-GFS-Alaska_191km_RUN_2009-06-02T06:00:00Z.ddx

Hyrax:

http://ak.aoos.org/opendap/gridded/ROMS/NEP4/grid/NEP4_grid.nc.ddx

We would be grateful for an expanded DDX response or possibly an NcML
response added to TDS (causes an XML ncML dump as a response; similar to
that if called via java and the toolsUI.jar [java -cp
/usr/local/netcdf-java/toolsUI.jar ucar.nc2.NCdump file.nc[.hdf] -ncml]).

Either would be greatly helpful.

Thanks!
Rob

Hi Rob:

it appears that the DDX is not including the DAS as it should. Ill check on
that, thanks for reporting it.

BTW, what do you use the DDX for? We have ignored his problem because we use
DDS/DAS instead.