Re: [thredds] Grib data behind script

I believe Rob may be adding some kind of hook into the new pydap. It would be worth inquiring see http://pydap.org/ I think contact info is there also.

-Roy

On Jun 3, 2009, at 12:01 PM, Ethan Davis wrote:

Hi Stéphane,

Stéphane wrote:
Stephane:
Sorry, but I don't have any knowledge about grib generation!

Ethan:
My grib data is stored in a database, in a specific format.
The script extract the data from my database and is able to perform
specific action, like sub grib extraction.

I think the good way is to trigger the script on demand from Thredds.
But I don't see any way to do call external program from Thredds ?

The TDS does not currently have a way to call a script or access a
database for data retrieval. Besides extracting some data by hand and
then configuring the TDS to serve that data, the only things that come
to mind involve writing some Java code. If that is something you are
interested in, take a look at the following two possibilities:

1) The thredds.servlet.DatasetSource interface which provides
implementations with information from the incoming HTTP request and
response objects that can then be used to locate/build and return a
netCDF dataset. The TDS Reference Document discusses the DatasetSource
interface at the following link:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/reference/DatasetSource.html

2) The ucar.nc2.iosp.IOServiceProvider interface can be implemented to
read new data formats and represent them through the netCDF-Java API as
a netCDF dataset. The netCDF-Java Tutorial has a section on the I/O
Service Provider interface:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/tutorial/index.html

Hope that is helpful.

Ethan