From: thredds-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:thredds-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Cartwright
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 2:56 PM
To: thredds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [thredds] TDS 4.0 on RHEL5

Hello All,

we're trying to run TDS 4.x on a RHEL5 server using the Redhat-supplied
tomcat (5.5.23).  Unable to get it to start, presumably because the
listener TdsConfigContextListener is failing to start.  Catalina.out shows:

TdsConfigContextListener.contextInitialized(): start.
Jun 17, 2009 3:44:11 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error listenerStart
Jun 17, 2009 3:44:11 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Context [/thredds] startup failed due to previous errors

Everything works fine in a binary install of tomcat on the same machine
which suggests some kind of classpath problems.  Can anyone suggest what
classes might be the problem?  Any other ideas on what the problem might
be?

Thanks!

--john