Re: [thredds] OPeNDAP authentication

  • Subject: Re: [thredds] OPeNDAP authentication
  • From: Pauline Mak <pauline.mak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 07:05:17 +1000
Hi Thomas, Patrick, John, and James

Thanks for the responses :)  I give the documentation a go.

Cheers,

-Pauline.

For TDS, you can use standard Tomcat authentication, see authentication section of this:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/tds4.0/reference/index.html

Im guessing same for Hyrax. OPeNDAP client libraries should support this, as its based on standard HTTP mechanism.

Yes, as both Patrick and John suggest, Hyrax depends on Tomcat for security. Here's the documentation on that: http://docs.opendap.org/index.php/Hyrax_-_OLFS_Configuration#Authentication_.26_Authorization

The C++ library and new C client-side library (and thus new netCDF DAP access) support cookies which is, I believe, what is required for single sign on systems, although more might be required on the server side.

James

James Gallagher
jgallagher at opendap.org
406.723.8663