[thredds] Projection issues

Hello all,
I am using the unidata thredds server to download some NDFD data.  I noticed
that the projection specified is a Lambert_Conformal_Conic_2SP and both
standard parallels are specified as 0.   In the metadata, if I am reading it
correctly, the projection is actually a Lambert_Conformal_Conic_1SP with a
standard parallel of 25.  I am using GDAL to hangle the files and proj4 has
trouble with the 1st scenario, but not the second.  Is the projection set at
the source (NOAA NDFD) or by the NetCDF subsetting service?  Who can I
contact to deal with this issue?  Thanks.

kss

# ===================
Kyle Shannon
Physical Science Technician