Re: [thredds] THREDDS For Our Dataset

Hi Kevin:

See interspersed.

-Roy

On Feb 11, 2010, at 2:35 PM, Kevin L. Manross wrote:

> Hi All!
>

> I'm looking to hopefully use THREDDS to serve our data both in-house and to
> the outside world.  I realize that our datasets seem to fail the CDM tests.
> We have several years' worth of data that I think might be difficult to go
> through the headers of each netCDF file and make compliant.
> Would I be best served, then, by writing an IOSP to try to recognize my data,
> or is there a better way to go about this?

NcML can be used within the catalog xml files to add metadata or make other
changes in to what is seen about the files.  Much easier way to go.

> Ultimately, is this the type of forum where I could post the header of a
> representative netCDF file and ask what I need to do to make it compliant to
> use THREDDS?

Yes.  And can I ask what type of data you have.  There is now a cross-NOAA
effort, as a start, to get all NOAA gridded data into Thredds.  See for example,

http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/geoide/geoIDECleanCatalog.html

If nothing else, send to me and I will post to that larger group, though I
imagine others on this mail list would be interested.

> I appreciate any help that can be provided.  Thanks!
>
> -kevin.
>
> --
> +-----------------------------------------------------+
> Kevin L. Manross           |  ** New Address **
> CIMMS Research Associate   |     120 David L. Boren Bvd
> NSSL : WRDD : SWAT         |     Rm 3923
> <kevin.manross@xxxxxxxx>   |     405.325.6385
> www.cimms.ou.edu/~kmanross |
> "My opinions are my own and not representative of
> CIMMS, NSSL, NOAA or any affiliates"

**********************
"The contents of this message do not reflect any position of the U.S.
Government or NOAA."
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst