Re: [thredds] WMS + ncML = missing metadata?

Hi Pauline:

Roy Mendelsohn just reported this also. I am investigating, ill let you know what i find.

On 4/22/2010 9:57 PM, Pauline Mak wrote:
Hi all,

I'm getting a strange behaviour with WMS... And wondered if anyone else has experience the same issue. I did a quick ncML that would aggregate this dataset over time:

http://opendap-ivec.arcs.org.au/thredds/catalog/IMOS/SRS/ABOM-L3P_GHRSST-SSTsubskin-AVHRR_MOSAIC_01km/2001/catalog.html

The ncML file is here:

http://opendap-ivec.arcs.org.au/thredds/catalog/IMOS/SRS/ABOM-L3P_GHRSST-SSTsubskin-AVHRR_MOSAIC_01km_agg/catalog.html?dataset=IMOS/SRS/ABOM-L3P_GHRSST-SSTsubskin-AVHRR_MOSAIC_01km_agg/2001.ncml

and the content is:

<netcdf xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/netcdf/ncml-2.2";>
<aggregation dimName="time" type="joinExisting">
<variable name="sea_surface_temperature">
<attribute name="_FillValue" type="int" value="-32768" />
<attribute name="add_offset" type="double" value="273.15" />
<attribute name="scale_factor" type="double" value="0.01" />
</variable>
<scan location="/data/IMOS/SRS/ABOM-L3P_GHRSST-SSTsubskin-AVHRR_MOSAIC_01km/2001" suffix=".nc"/>
</aggregation>
</netcdf>

The aggregation works fine when I restart my computer. And as long as I don't click on the WMS link, the metadata for the variable e.g. sea_surface_temperature is fine. However, after using WMS, any subsequent load of the OPeNDAP form, the _FillValue and valid_min/max goes missing!

The result is that, the first few goes with WMS, I get the correct image, but subsequent loads, I get blue on red, with the mask of the Australian west coast.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour before?

Cheers,

-Pauline.