Re: [thredds] thredds 4.1 fresh install - howto locate and modify both threddsConfig.xml and catalog.xml

Hi Stephane:

When you start your tomcat so that the thredds,war file is unpacked, it should
create a directory $TOMCAT_HOME/content/thredds.  The main catalog.xml as well
as threddsConfig.xml reside there.  On first install a test site should be set
up in that directory as well, and you can look at that for examples.

HTH,

-Roy M.
On Jun 3, 2010, at 10:18 AM, Stephane Poirier wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a very basic question. I read the documentation but the question
> remains.
>
> I have a thredds 4.1 fresh install for which I want to modify
> threddsConfig.xml and catalog.xml files. In the default install, these 2
> files are found in 3 different folders (WEB-INF/altContent/startup,
> WEB-INF/altContent/idd/thredds and WEB-INF/altContent/motherlode/thredds).
> Which ones are the main TDS configuration and catalog files?
>
> I presumed the main TDS configuration catalog and catalog files were in
> folder WEB-INF\altContent\startup, I tried to modify the catalog.xml and
> restarted Tomcat so the TDS would reinitialized but I did not see any
> differences! Is there something I am missing? Am I in the proper main TDS
> folder?
>
> Regards,
>

> Stephane

> Stephane Poirier, M.Sc. Optical Physics
> Remote Sensing Application Software Developer
> Geography Department, Burnside Hall
> McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
> http://geog.mcgill.ca
> Stephane.Poirier2@xxxxxxxxx
> Cell. (514) 994-3532
> Fax: (514) 509-8833
> Stephane Poirier, M.Sc. Optical Physics
> Remote Sensing Application Software Developer
> 3532 rue Sainte-Famille, Apt. 4
> Montreal, QC, H2X 2L1, Canada
> http://www.oifii.org
> stephane.poirier@xxxxxxxxx
> Tel.: (514) 509-8833
> Fax: (514) 509-8833

**********************
"The contents of this message do not reflect any position of the U.S.
Government or NOAA."
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst