Re: [thredds] Station Data Subset Service vs. OPeNDAP constraint expressions

> Id be interested in knowing which clients can handle relational constraint
> expressions? The NetCDF clients cannot, because it falls outside of the data
> model and API. I know you guys do a lot with relational databases, so its not
> surprising if your software does.  Ive been working almost exclusively on top
> of collections of files (netcdf, hdf, grib, bufr, etc). I have been on the
> lookout for new solutions, but for now it seems that people need services
> that run on top of those file collections.
>
> Comments, please

Email exchange with dennis about whether the latest netcdf library with opendap
support can handle relational constraint expressions:

> The code should be able to handle relational
> constraint expressions. To be frank, however,
> I have only tested it on synthetic data
> because I never could find any real data
> that produced sequence data. This means
> that there are probably some errors in it.
> However, I am glad to work with you
> to fix any bugs or other issues.

So anything that can link to the latest netcdf distribution with OpeNDAP
enabled has such capabilities.

-Roy

**********************
"The contents of this message do not reflect any position of the U.S.
Government or NOAA."
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst