Re: [thredds] Question about TDS4.2 WMS

Thank you so much for your message! We actually followed all the instructions for upgrading to 4.2.
I checked the two log files (serverStartup.log and threddsServlet.log).

There is no wms information on serverStartup.log.

There is wms error from threddsServlet.log --- "2010-12-13T21:06:50.802 +0000 [ 3999437][ 40] ERROR - org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/thredds] - StandardWrapper.Throwable org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'wmsController' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/wms-servlet.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/catalina/connector/ClientAbortException"

Could it be anything missing in the library?

Li

Phil Cogbill wrote:
Hi Yuanjue Li,

We have been updating a lot of our development server here to 4.2 and
have had pretty good luck following this doucment...

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/tds4.2/UpgradingTo4.2.html

and

http://www.resc.reading.ac.uk/trac/myocean-tools/wiki/WmsDetailedConfiguration

The first link has some configuration changes you will need to upgrade
to 4.2 and the second link has more details on setting up WMS with 4.2. Also, we noticed a lot of warning messages in our logs with 4.2 and this
link will help you get rid of those too...

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/tds4.2/faq.html#javaUtilPrefs

--Phil

Yuanjie Li wrote:
Hello,

We recently updated to Thredds4.2.  When I tried to access WMS, it
turns back the following error:

 HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error

*Status* 500 - Internal Server Error

     THREDDS Data Server Version 4.0 -- Documentation
     <http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/TDS.html>

I am new in using Thredds. I would really appreciate if anyone could
help me in this.

Thanks a lot,
Li