Re: [thredds] Reloading the TDS Cache

Hi Kyle:

I think this is a problem for large installations; the TDS has to read through the "static catalogs" at startup to find all of the data roots.

We have tried to minimize the use of static catalogs by using dynamically generated catalogs (datasetScan), which generates them on the fly. Aggregations can also be dynamic by using the scan element.

I wonder if these are possible solutions for you? If not, can you characterize what you are doing, so we can understand what you need? We are looking at ways to make the "large number of static catalogs" use case more efficient, but havent started working on it yet.

For your specific question, obviously the issue is the object caching inside the TDS, and since restarting the TDS clears everything, that works. However thats a pretty big price to pay. Reinit should work, but probably you have found a bug. I probably have to recreate it here to understand more details. But even reinit is really too blunt.

Anyway, can you describe how often and what changes, and send a sample catalog?

thanks,
John