Re: [thredds] Creating a dynamic database of "best" WMS services from Motherlode

On 4/6/2011 3:12 PM, Rich Signell wrote:
THREDDS gang,

I'd like to be able to search for WMS services provided by the motherlode TDS.
http://motherlode.ucar.edu/thredds/catalog.html
But I'm picky -- I only want the "best time series" ones (I don't want
all those 1000s of WMS services associated with  non-aggregated data).

One way to do this would be to use GI-CAT (or another ncISO harvester) to:
1)  harvest the nciso metadata from the top level catalog, which would
harvest the entire holding of motherlode
2)  do an opensearch query of  the harvested database for "best" and
"wms" to get the WMS endpoints.

The only problem is that I'm not sure that would even finish in a day,
and we would probably want to update the database of metadata every
hour or so.

Any better ideas?

Thanks,
-Rich

Hi Rich:

you can do it in Java code. is that a possibility?

John