Re: [thredds] Error in logs trying to clear cache

I noticed this as well trying to figure
out why the featureCollection aggregation
was not working for me.

Could it possibly be related?

        -Dan

Rich Signell wrote the following on 4/16/2011 5:38 PM:
> Roy & THREDDS Gang,
>
> I'm also getting this error/warning in <tomcat>/logs/catalina.out in
> the latest TDS 4.2.6:
>
> INFO: Server startup in 3600 ms
> Exception in thread "DiskCache-/data/tmp/thredds4/cdm/working/"
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: DiskCache2: not a directory or I/O
> error on dir=/data/tmp/thredds4/cdm/working
>         at ucar.nc2.util.DiskCache2.cleanCache(DiskCache2.java:283)
>         at ucar.nc2.util.DiskCache2$CacheScourTask.run(DiskCache2.java:320)
>         at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512)
>         at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462)
>
> Thanks,
> Rich
>
> On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 5:30 PM, Roy Mendelssohn
> <Roy.Mendelssohn@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi All:
>>
>> In my catalina.out  (I am running TDS 4.2.5)  I am getting errors because
>> the tomcat on o is throwing errors because it is trying to clear the
>> following cache:
>>
>> DiskCache=/data/tmp/thredds4/cdm/working
>>
>> I do not have that defined as a cache anywhere in my threddConfig.xml, but
>> after searching we found that there is a reference to that file in:
>>
>> /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/thredds/WEB-INF/cdmrFeature-servlet.xml
>>
>>  <constructor-arg value="/data/tmp/thredds4/cdm/working/"/>
>>
>> Should this be a relative path, or is there something else going on we are
>> not understanding?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -Roy
>>
>> **********************
>> "The contents of this message do not reflect any position of the U.S.
>> Government or NOAA."
>> **********************
>> Roy Mendelssohn
>> Supervisory Operations Research Analyst
>> NOAA/NMFS
>> Environmental Research Division
>> Southwest Fisheries Science Center
>> 1352 Lighthouse Avenue
>> Pacific Grove, CA 93950-2097
>>
>> e-mail: Roy.Mendelssohn@xxxxxxxx (Note new e-mail address)
>> voice: (831)-648-9029
>> fax: (831)-648-8440
>> www: http://www.pfeg.noaa.gov/
>>
>> "Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill."
>> "From those who have been given much, much will be expected"

Dan Swank
STG, Incorporated - Government Contractor
NCDC-NOMADS Project:  Software & Data Management
Data Access Branch
National Climatic Data Center
Veach-Baley Federal Building
151 Patton Avenue