Re: [thredds] Disabling the cache for file that are routinely overwritten

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 2:37 PM, John Caron <caron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 5/20/2011 3:31 PM, tom cook wrote:
>
> 1) im guessing that it will be OS dependent as to what happens if a file is
> deleted while being read. what OS are you using?

openSUSE 11.2

> 2) what if you didnt overwrite files, but just switched a symbolic link when
> the new one is ready, wait a bit, then delete old one?

we are actively discussing this, as there are some issues with caching
that our data consumers can not deal with. For now, we have just
disabled netcdf file caching, and things seem to be working ok.
Browsing (with godiva for instance) is just much slower.