Re: [thredds] Ncml Aggregration

I've experimented some with remote aggregation, and it is not possible, as far as I can tell, to use the scan element for remote datasets. You have to do something like:

<aggregation ...>
<netcdf location="http://remoteserver/thredds/dodsC/dataset/file1.nc"; />
<netcdf location="http://remoteserver/thredds/dodsC/dataset/file2.nc"; />
</aggregation>

I built these aggregations by parsing the remote THREDDS catalog.xml, and it works in concept. There are possible performance problems with this since it is not the normal usage. The unidata guys might have more insight into this.

Jordan Walker
Center for Integrated Data Analytics (CIDA)
USGS WI Water Science Center
8505 Research Way Middleton WI 53562
608-821-3842
http://cida.usgs.gov <http://cida.usgs.gov/>