Re: [thredds] Feature Collections and Aggregation

HI I'm doing this in a test mode, and things seem to working well so
I'll be eventually transitioning all my ncml aggregations soon. For
the HF radar national network thredds server at
http://hfrnet.ucsd.edu:8080/thredds, you'll see the ncml aggregations
towards the top, and a "USWC_6km" link which is using the FMRC
collection. We are overwriting our netCDF files, and there were some
unresolvable errors with the ncml aggregations which were only fixable
by disabling netcdf caching. This slowed the requests down
considerably. After help from Rich Signell and John Caron, I was able
to use the FMRC "best" dataset to resolve this problem. It has been
working pretty well once I got around some of the initial setup.

Here's the portion of my catalog.xml that handles this:
<featureCollection name="USWC_6km" featureType="FMRC"
path="HFRNET/USWC_6km/FMRC">
 <metadata inherited="true">
  <serviceName>allServices</serviceName>
  <documentation type="Summary"> 6km HF Radar Data </documentation>
 </metadata>
 <collection
spec="/data1/HFRadar/RTV/USWC/**/#yyyyMMddHHmm#_HFRadar_USWC_6km_rtv_SIO.nc$"
recheckAfter="15 min" name="USWC_6km_RTV_fmrc"
  olderThan="5 min"/>
 <!--   Re-scan the directory each hour at 5 minutes and 0 seconds
past the hour -->
 <update startup="true" rescan="0 5 * * * ? *" trigger="allow"/>
 <fmrcConfig regularize="false" datasetTypes="Best"/>
 </featureCollection>

Good luck,
Tom