Re: [thredds] Question - Can dataset scan add more metadata dynamically?

Hi Jerry,

On 9/28/2011 3:38 PM, Pan, Jerry Yun wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have a use case where we want to add a granule ID (which is the same
> as the file name, but additional tag) in the resulting catalog XML that
> the client side can consume.
>
> Is there a way to do that from the configuration file?

I'm afraid there is not a way to do that from the configuration files.
It would take some coding to add that kind of functionality.

> A more general question: can the scan read some of the global attributes
> in NetCDF files, and incorporate in the catalog results?

Similar answer I'm afraid. We've often talked about this kind of
functionality but it hasn't made it to the top of the list yet.

Ethan