Re: [thredds] Calling ToolsUI webstart application

John,

I stoked that you're changing this, but I think there may some issues. I tried
the file as listed here:

> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/tds4.2/reference/Viewers.html#embedding

And I got:

com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/current/webstart/netcdfToolsExtraJars.jnlp
        at
com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.actionDownload(DownloadEngine.java:1416)
        at
com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getCacheEntry(DownloadEngine.java:1569)
        at
com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getCacheEntry(DownloadEngine.java:1547)
        at
com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResourceCacheEntry(DownloadEngine.java:1654)
        at
com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getCachedFile(DownloadEngine.java:661)
        at
com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.downloadExtensionsHelper(LaunchDownload.java:711)
        at
com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.downloadExtensions(LaunchDownload.java:654)
        at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareLaunchFile(Launcher.java:702)
        at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareAllResources(Launcher.java:592)
        at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Launcher.java:335)
        at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Launcher.java:207)
        at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:124)
        at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Main.java:451)
        at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Main.java:283)
        at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Main.java:116)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

Here's my JNLP:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<jnlp spec="1.0+"
codebase="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/current/webstart";>

   <information>
     <title>NetCDF Tools UI</title>
     <vendor>Unidata</vendor>
     <homepage href="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/"/>
     <description kind="short">GUI interface to netCDF-Java / Common Data
Model</description>
     <icon href="nc.gif"/>
     <offline-allowed/>
   </information>

   <security>
     <all-permissions/>
   </security>

  <resources>
   <j2se version="1.6+" max-heap-size="1024m"/>
   <jar href="netcdfUI.jar"/>
   <extension name="netcdfUI Extra" href="netcdfToolsExtraJars.jnlp"/>
   </resources>

   <application-desc main-class="ucar.nc2.ui.ToolsUI">
     <argument>{catalogURL}#{datasetID}</argument>
   </application-desc>
</jnlp>

Nathan